Our wool blankets are made of the highest quality Merino sheep’s wool-pile fabric, 1/2" pile with either 100% cotton or 100% cotton flannel backing. Natural, machine washable, soft and warm, these wool blankets are welcomed by all. They are especially wonderful for palliative care patients who tend to chill easily and often.
100% COTTON OR 100% COTTON FLANNEL BACKING COLOURS:
Please let us know what colour selection you would like and provide at least two options (ie. choice 1 is navy blue, choice 2 is cool grey in any shade). We will do our best to meet your colour needs. Feel free to EMAIL US if you have photos you'd like us to match the backing to, or for more specific requests.
SIZES & MEASUREMENTS
- Twin / Small (53" x 80")
- Double / Medium (60" x 90")
- Queen / Large (80" x 90")
- King / XLarge (100" x 100")
THE MIRACLE OF WOOL
- A natural fibre that absorbs and wicks moisture away from the skin, helping prevent the conditions that allow bad bacteria to thrive.
- Effective in treating & helping prevent the three main causes of skin break down: Moisture, Pressure & Chaffing.
- Absorbs 30% to 40% of its own weight in moisture, absorbs the moisture the body naturally loses when awake and sleeping (Transepidermal water loss). Skin needs to breathe: DRY SKIN = STRONG SKIN.
- A natural insulator used year-round in all climates.
- Helps maintain core body temperature of 37°C/98.6°F, promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Bacteria, mold & fungus naturally resistant; doesn’t take on body odours.
WOOL PRODUCT CARE
- Merino sheep’s wool-pile fabric, acrylic backing.
- Machine wash up to 70°C on a wool or gentle cycle.
- Tumble dry to 85% or hang to dry.
- Eucalan or a lanolin-based soap is best to preserve the softness of the wool.
- Tea Tree oil soap can be used to disinfect.
- Do Not Bleach.
- We meet Canadian Infection Control Standards.
- Shedding is normal with new products. Place item in dryer on air for 5 minutes to remove excess fibres.
For custom sizes, comments or questions please EMAIL US.
* For backing fabric, please provide two colours, please be specific (ie. choice 1 deep purple, choice 2 light lilac). We ask for two colours in case we are not able to match the first choice. Please note your colour choices in your order comments.